Meals on Wheels Collin County Fall Harvest Boxes
Each year, Meals on Wheels Collin County rallies together with the members of our community to share the joys of the season with our senior citizens. The collection of Harvest Boxes is a time honored tradition that is growing in leaps and bounds with each passing year. It is not simply the useful products provided in each box, but the knowledge that they are remembered and are valued, that makes the Harvest Boxes so important to our clients.
But this program only thrives with your help.
Below you will find a grocery list of things we need to fill the Harvest Boxes. Please complete the list and place the items in a copy paper box with lid (or any box sized approximately 17” long, 11” wide, and 10” deep). Decorate the box. The more creative and festive, the better (but, please, no glitter or fancy decorations on lid—the boxes have to be stacked for storage and transportation).
Brand names do not have to be exact but please buy items as similar as possible
(2) Tyson Premium Chunk White Chicken Breast, in 7 oz. packet
(2) Starkist Charlie’s Lunch To Go Kit
(1) Libby’s 4 pack microwavable vegetables (2) Campbell’s Easy Peel Tomato Soup
(1) 10oz. microwavable complete meal (on gro- cery shelf with other non refrigerated microwaveable food). Turkey with hearty vegetables and chicken and noodles recommended.
(1) Quaker Instant Oatmeal in microwave pouches—10 to a box
(1) package of Wheat Thins Original crackers (1) 10oz. jar of Simply Fruit jelly
(1) 18 oz. jar of peanut butter
(1) package of (4) 4oz. plastic cups of mixed fruit in light syrup or 100% juice (2) bars of soap
(1) box of Kind Breakfast bar 4 pack—oats and honey
(1) package containing 6 1 ounce boxes of raisins
(1) box 110 count Kleenex tissues
(1) pack of (4) toilet paper rolls
(1) bottle of hand sanitizer
PLEASE CHECK EXPIRATION DATES AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS WITHIN SERVING RANGE!
And please buy pull-top cans whenever possible.
While food is essential, it is nice to be give a little something for fun as well. If you wish to add more: postage stamps, large print puzzle books, adult coloring books, envelopes, dried fruit, hard candy, package of assorted greeting cards, ballpoint pins, notepads, and crayons or colored pencils.
Deliver boxes to our office no later than October 13, 2017.
Meals on Wheels Collin County
600 N. Tennessee Street
McKinney, TX 75069
For more information, call Peggy at 972-632-3133 or email [email protected]